Vernon Denture Clinic takes patient and staff health and safety seriously and follows all requirements for infection prevention and control (IPAC) for oral healthcare providers from the BC College of Oral Health Professionals and the BC Ministry of Health.
With the April 6, 2023 announcement from the Provincial Health Officer, we have updated our procedures relating to patient safety. We are pleased to return to a streamlined patient intake experience and – as masks are no longer required – excited to be able to see your beautiful smiles once again!
While we have moved away from strict COVID-19 protocols, we remain diligent about patient safety. Here is an overview of some of the IPAC measures we continue to have in place at Vernon Denture Clinic.
- Prior to their appointment and when they arrive for their appointment, patients will be asked to report signs and symptoms of illness.
- If a patient reports they are feeling unwell, we will request that their appointment be rescheduled.
- Staff will continue to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of illness.
- Staff who feel unwell in any way will stay home.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection takes place before and after each appointment and at the end of each work day.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures for patient rooms takes place before and after appointments.
- Enhanced disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures (computers keyboards, telephones, chairs, doorknobs, buttons that may be touched unconsciously, etc.) takes place.
- We follow strict sterilization protocols for any non-disposable items used intraorally and implements used on dental prosthetics.
Hygiene and PPE
- Masks will be made available for patients and visitors but are not required.
- Hand sanitizer is placed throughout the clinic for patient and staff use.
- Liquid hand soap is placed at all sink areas.
- We ask patients to use electronic methods of payment (Visa, MasterCard, or e-transfer) whenever possible, rather than by cash or cheque.
- Staff are provided with enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and face shields, to use at their discretion.
- A plexiglass safety shield has been installed at our reception desk.
- Our waiting area has been reorganized to ensure adequate social distancing.