Vernon Denture Clinic is seeking a Dental Lab Technician to fill a full-time (4 days per week) position.
Reporting to the Owner and Denturist, the Lab Technician is an essential member of the dental healthcare team. The technician is responsible for the construction of dental appliances and devices used to correct edentulism and improve the wellbeing of the patient.
This position is an integral part of an interdisciplinary team working with patients, dental suppliers, other lab technicians, administrative staff, denturists, dentists, and dental specialists.
In filling this position, we are seeking someone who is willing to be trained and take direction, interested in hands-on work, enjoys detail-oriented tasks, takes pride in accuracy, and works well in a team environment. A background and education as a lab technician is preferred but not essential.
We offer a competitive wage, benefit package, and four-day work week (Monday to Thursday).
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Design, fabricate, modify, and repair removable oral/dental restorations (complete and partial dentures)
- Integrate general knowledge of dental laboratory procedures, physics, and chemistry principles associated with the fabrication of oral appliances and dental restorations
- Assess the characteristics and properties of dental materials associated with the fabrication of oral appliances and dental restorations and make decisions about their appropriate application in practice
- Assess the characteristics and operation of equipment and special instrumentation associated with the fabrication of oral appliances and dental restorations and make decisions about their appropriate application in practice
- Assess the fundamental elements of dental anatomy, dental physiology, dental morphology, and basic elements of oral pathological conditions and apply relevant knowledge to dental technology practice
Health & Safety
- Practice current workplace health and safety standards, including dental laboratory asepsis, sterilization, and infection control
- Monitor inventory of lab supplies
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of laboratory and lab supplies
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all team members to ensure positive patient experiences
- Contribute to problem resolution, modification of processes, and special projects and/or program initiatives
- Excellent manual dexterity and strong hand/eye coordination
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and work independently as needed
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact while respecting patient confidentiality
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Dental Technology diploma plus two years of dental lab experience, or post-secondary Diploma plus relevant education and experience
- Familiarity with Ivoclar/Ivocap system
- Proficiency in pouring models for edentulous and partially dentate cases
- Experience with fabrication of bite blocks and pin tracing devices
- Ability to mount cases on articulators, including with facebow transfers and pin tracing registrations
- Experience with tooth set-up in wax for complete and partial dentures
- Experience with denture processing procedures, including investment, boil-out, acrylic injection, trimming, and polishing
- Ability to accurately mill-in recently processed cases
- Experience with dentures over implants
- Speed and accuracy with denture repairs
- Ability to successfully and quickly perform lab procedures for processed relines and dentures with soft liners