Vernon Denture Clinic is seeking an experienced Registered Denturist to fill a full-time (4 days per week) position.
Reporting to the Owner, the Denturist is responsible for providing efficient, courteous, and professional direct-to-patient care in oral health services, assessing, diagnosing, designing, fabricating, and inserting complete and partial removable dentures. This position is an integral part of an interdisciplinary team working with patients, dental suppliers, dental receptionists, lab technicians, denturists, dentists, and dental specialists.
We offer a competitive wage, benefit package, and four-day work week (Monday to Thursday).
An opportunity for progressive clinic ownership may be possible for the right candidate.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denture setup, wax ups, and processing for partial and complete dentures
- Fabrication of custom trays and bite rims
- Repairs, relines, and rebases of partial and complete dentures
- Taking and pouring up impressions
- Building relationships with referring dentists
- Licensed and registered with a recognized Canadian College of Denturists
- 2+ years experience as a Registered Denturist preferred
- Current license to practice in BC
- Evidence of continuing education and other forms of professional development are an asset
- Familiarity with Ivoclar/Ivocap and an excellent ability to work with this system
- Excellence in denture setup in wax for partial and complete dentures, including wax ups for try ins and finishes
- Ability to accurately mill in recently processed cases
- Accurate patient assessments, examinations, and proper charting
- Accurate use of face bow and tracing devices
- Appropriate patient treatment planning and educating patients on their treatment planning options
- Taking impressions, registering bites, try-in procedures, and denture delivery
- Post-insert care commitments
- Experience with dentures over implants is an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to self-assess and report to superiors
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-starter, reliable, and organized
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact while respecting patient confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and work independently as needed
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated to learn and take directions